Crochet Gifts for Friends
I have had the Golden Girls theme song stuck in my head for weeks! “Thank you for being a friend…(sorry if it’s now stuck in yours!)…and you will see the biggest gift will be from me and the card attached will say, thank you for being a friend.”
It made me start thinking about crochet gifts for friends and as I searched for patterns, I thought it would be helpful to put all these amazing free patterns together in a round-up so you can find the perfect crochet gift idea for friends.
What Can I Crochet for a Friend?
Useful items such as mug cozies, scrubies, purses and bookmarks make great crochet gifts for a friend. You could also crochet items for your friend’s home such pillows, baskets and wall hangers. You’ll find a ton of inspiration for what you can crochet for a friend below!
Thank you to all the incredible designers who created these truly fantastic patterns that make wonderful crochet gifts for friends and for allowing me to feature their patterns on this list.
Here are over 40 crochet gifts for friends (in no particular order).
40+ Crochet Gift Ideas for Friends
1) Crochet Hanging Basket by Made by Gootie
2) Friendship Hat by Two Brothers Blankets
3) Unique Boho Crochet Coaster Set by Simply Hooked by Janet
4) Crochet Wine Bottle Holder by Jo to the World Creations
5) Fruit Slices Keychains by Raffamusa Designs
6) Heart Shaped Basket by Hooked On Patterns
7) Grab and Go Clutch by Pine Tree Crochet
8) Crochet Coffee Cozy by Jo to the World Creations
9) Easy Round Scrubby by Desert Blossom Crafts
10) Bruges Lace Crochet Bookmark by GoldenLucyCrafts
11) Star Flap Purse by Jo to the World Creations
12) Koala Keychain by The Loopy Lamb
13) Bobble Ear Warmer by Avery Lane Creations
14) Iridescent Cowl by Banana Moon Studio
15) Water Bottle Holder by Jo to the World Creations
16) Crochet Earrings by The Loopy Lamb
17) Iris Table Runner by Hooks, Books, & Wanderlust
18) Herringbone Plant Cozy by Briana K Designs
19) Tea Spa Mug Rug by My Crochet Space
20) Air Plant Wall Hanger by Nana’s Crafty Home
21) Crochet Glasses Case by Jo to the World Creations
22) Bumble Puff Beauty Biscuit by Hooks, Books, & Wanderlust
23) Sunflower Basket by Hooked On Patterns
24) Sunshine Iced Coffee Cup Cozy by Avery Lane Creations
25) Crochet Washcloth by Remington Lane Crochet
26) Love Pillow Cover by Jo to the World Creations
27) Chevron Headband by Toyslab Creations
28) Alpine Dreams Cowl by Hooks, Books, & Wanderlust
29) Seaside Mug Rug by Desert Blossom Crafts
30) Never Ending Star Crochet Plant Hanger by Nana’s Crafty Home
31) Paw Print Crochet Coasters by Jo to the World Creations
32) Noelle Crochet Ear Warmer by PapioCreek Crochet
33) Wrapped Arrow Beanie Hat by RaffamusaDesigns
34) St. Peregrine Ear Warmer by Remington Lane Crochet
35) Seaside Wall Hanging by Desert Blossom Crafts
36) Bobblelicious Bag by The Loopy Lamb
37) Sunshine Coffee Cozy by Avery Lane Creations
38) Earwarmer Headband by Briana K Designs
39) The Luminescence Scarf by Mason Jar Yarn Designs
40) Rose Cup Cozy by The Purple Poncho
Here are some of my new designs that make wonderful crochet gifts for friends:
Christmas Crochet Gifts for Friends
If you are looking for what to make for friends for Christmas, here are some cute, quick and easy crochet gift ideas for Christmas you might like:
A) Christmas Booties (make 1 for a candy cane holder!)
K) Christmas Baby Booties – have a friend with a new baby? Make 2 for baby’s first Christmas!
View more Christmas crochet gifts
I hope you found lots of inspirations for what to crochet for friends!