About This Pattern
- It’s a really fun project that involves colorwork, bobbles and alternating stitches.
- The alternating stitches (single crochet and treble/triple crochet stitches) creates a very realistic “tree” texture.
- The bobbles and rows of red and yellow decorate the tree with lights with ornaments.
- The pillow cover is removable – great for washing and easy storage after the holidays.
- It’s a very unique pillow that looks really impressive when complete!
- The free version of the pattern can be found here. All of the information from the free version is included in the PDF.
About This PDF Digital Download
- The PDF of this pattern is an 8 page, print-ready digital download.
- It is laid out into easy to follow sections and includes step-by-step instructions, pictures and a chart.
- You can save it to your files, print it in color or in black and white and view it from any device.
- After your purchase has been successfully completed, you will be redirected to a page where you can instantly download the pattern. You will also receive an email with a download link.
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Size: The pattern creates a removable pillow cover that is approx. 16.5” x 16.5” and fits over a thick 16” x 16” pillow insert.*
- Gauge: 4” x 4” = 14 sc and 18 rows.
- Yarn: Any size 4 (medium) yarn. I used Impeccable yarn by Loops & Threads. This yarn is 100% acrylic. A skein is 285 yds / 260 m and 4.5 oz / 127.5 g. Approx. amount of yarn needed and colors:
- A) Main Color (Background): 530 yds. I used 2 skeins of Impeccable in “White.”
- B) Stump: 3 yds – I used “Chocolate.”
- C) Tree: 70 yds – I used “Deep Forest.”
- D) Yellow Lights & Star: 20 yds – I used “Sunny Day.”
- E) Red Lights: 15 yds – I used “Cherry.”
- Crochet Hook Size: H/8 (5.00 mm) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Other Materials: Yarn needle, pins, scissors, measuring tape and a thick 16” x 16” pillow insert.* Optional: 3 x 25mm buttons for the back, thread and sewing needle.
- Terminology: This pattern is written in English for right-handed crochet using standard US crochet terminology.