About This Pattern
- If you need a last minute Christmas gift or would like to make your own wine bottles more festive, this Christmas Wine Bottle Holder is the perfect crochet pattern. It’s a fast, simple and fun crochet project.
- It’s made with the beautiful Star Stitch and includes step by step instructions and a photo tutorial on how to make this stitch (it’s really easy!)
- It works up quickly and uses any brand of worsted weight yarn.
- The pattern is written in English for right-handed crochet using US terminology.
- The free version of the pattern can be found here. All of the information from the free version is included in the PDF.
About this PDF Digital Download
- The PDF of this pattern is a 4 page, print-ready digital download.
- It is laid out into easy to follow sections and includes step by step instructions and pictures.
- You can save it to your files, print it in color or in black and white and view it from any device.
- After your purchase has been successfully completed, you will be redirected to a page where you can instantly download the pattern. You will also receive an email with a download link. And you can access the pattern at any time on your My Account page under Downloads.
- Skill Level: Easy
- Size: This pattern is designed to hold a standard 750ml wine bottle. The finished size has a diameter of 3.5” and is 7” high.
- Gauge: 4′′ x 4′′ = 8 stars and 8 rows (made as a flat swatch, following the pattern)
- Yarn: Any worsted weight (4) yarn for everything but the top and bulky fleece (5) yarn for the fluffy white “Santa fur” top. I used Loops & Threads Impeccable Yarn, Solid (for everything but the fluffy white top). This yarn is medium (4) weight and 100% acrylic. A skein is 4.5 oz / 127.5 g and 285 yd./260m.
- I used the color “Cherry” for the body (approx a quarter skein); the color “Black” for the belt (approx 12 yards); and the color “Sunny Day” for the belt buckle (approx a few yards).
- For the fluffy top, I used Bernat Pipsqueak (approx 10 yards) in “Whitey White.” This yarn is bulky (5) weight. A skein is 3.5 oz / 100 g and 101 yd / 92 m.
- Crochet Hook Size: H/8 (5.00mm) (or size needed to obtain gauge) for everything but the belt buckle. For the belt buckle: F/5 (3.75mm).
- Other Materials: yarn needle, scissors and measuring time.
- Terminology: This Christmas Wine Bottle Holder Crochet Pattern is written in English for right-handed crochet using standard US crochet terminology.