About This Pattern
- This crochet beer hat is an easy pattern that requires only simple stitches.
- It is designed to fit a head that is 24″ around.
- The hat works up really quickly and is both practical for keeping your head warm but also very funny!
- The free version of the pattern can be found here. All of the information from the free version is included in the PDF.
About this PDF Digital Download
- The PDF of this pattern is a 4 page, print-ready digital download.
- It is laid out into easy to follow sections and includes step by step instructions.
- You can save it to your files, print it in color or in black and white and view it from any device.
- After your purchase has been successfully completed, you will be redirected to a page where you can instantly download the pattern. You will also receive an email with a download link. And you can access the pattern at any time on your My Account page under Downloads.
- Skill Level: Easy (simple stitches)
- Size: The pattern is designed to fit a head that is 24” around (measured from forehead, going around to middle of back of head and back to starting point). The finished hat is 8” tall and 10.5” wide.
- Gauge: Gauge is listed in each section. There are also measurements listed throughout the pattern.
- Yarn For the Beer Hat Body, Beer Glass Bottom & Beer Handle: Any worsted weight (size 4), 100% acrylic yarn (it’s best if it has some stretch to it). I used Loops & Threads Impeccable Yarn, Solid in the colors 2) “Heather” and 3) “Pale Gray.” This yarn is medium (4) weight and 100% acrylic. A skein is 4.5oz / 127.5g and 285 yd/260 m. You need less than a quarter skein for each color.
- Yarn For the Beer “Foam”: I used Bernat Pipsqueak in “Whitey White.” This yarn is bulky (5) weight. The size is 3.50 oz. / 100 g. A skein is 101 yd / 92 m. You need less than a quarter skein. Or you can use worsted weight (size 4) yarn for the “foam.” (The pattern includes more info on which yarn to use for the “foam”)
- Crochet Hook Sizes: H/8 (5.00mm) or size needed to obtain gauge. If using worsted weight for the “foam,” an F/5 (3.75mm) hook or size needed to obtain gauge. If you crochet tightly you may want to go up a hook size for the “beer glass bottom.”
- Other Materials: Yarn Needle, Scissors, Stuffing (Optional)
- Terminology: This pattern is written in English for right-handed crochet using standard US crochet terminology.