About This Pattern
- Each crochet coaster works up quickly (you can make a few before the end of your favorite Christmas movie!) and they use only a small amount of yarn (way less than a quarter of a skein in total).
- The finished size is approx 5.5″ x 5.5″, which is perfect for any holiday drink.
- The free version of the pattern can be found here. All of the information from the free version is included in the PDF.
About this PDF Digital Download
- The PDF of this pattern is a 5 page, print-ready digital download.
- It is laid out into easy to follow sections and includes step by step instructions, pictures and a chart.
- You can save it to your files, print it in color or in black and white and view it from any device.
- After your purchase has been successfully completed, you will be redirected to a page where you can instantly download the pattern. You will also receive an email with a download link. And you can access the pattern at any time on your My Account page under Downloads.
- Skill Level: Easy
- Size: Each coaster is approx 5.5” x 5.5”
- Gauge: 4″ x 4″ = 15 sc and 17 rows
- Yarn: Any worsted weight (4) for the main part of the coaster and bulky fleece (5) yarn for the fluffy border. For the main part of the coaster, I used Loops & Threads Impeccable Yarn, Solid in “Cherry” (red), “Sunny Day” (gold) and “Black.” This yarn is medium (4) weight and 100% acrylic. The size is 4.5 oz / 127.5 g. A skein is 285 yd./260m and you need less than a quarter skein in total. For the fluffy border, a few yards of Bernat Pipsqueak in “Whitey White.” This yarn is bulky (5) weight. The size is 3.50 oz. / 100 g. A skein is 101 yd / 92 m.
- Crochet Hook Size: G/6 (4.25mm) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Supplies for Back of Coaster (Optional): Felt for the back of each coaster (a 4.5″ x 4.5″ square piece for each coaster), glue (I used Fabric Fusion glue by Aleene’s).
- Other Materials: Yarn Needle, Scissors.
- Terminology: This pattern is written in English for right-handed crochet using standard US crochet terminology.