About This Pattern
- The pattern comes in two sizes: Toddler (2-4 years), Child (4+ years)
- It is an easy to follow pattern with step by step instructions and lots of diagrams to help you make this adorable crochet pumpkin hat for the little pumpkin in your life!
- The hat is fitted at the bottom but bulges out a bit at the top to create a realistic pumpkin look. The hat stays securely on a head with a lovely textured ribbing, which has lots of stretch to it.
- The pattern includes instructions for the stem with leaves, which gets attached to the top of the hat.
- It can be made for boys or girls and is a great Halloween or Fall hat!
- The free version of the pattern can be found here. All of the information from the free version is included in the PDF.
About this PDF Digital Download
- The PDF of this pattern is a 8 page, print-ready digital download.
- It is laid out into easy to follow sections and includes step by step instructions and pictures.
- You can save it to your files, print it in color or in black and white and view it from any device.
- After your purchase has been successfully completed, you will be redirected to a page where you can instantly download the pattern. You will also receive an email with a download link.
- Skill Level: Easy to Intermediate – the pattern includes front post stitches and hat ribbing which may be new to beginners but the pattern includes step by step instructions and lots of pictures so you can easily follow along.
- Sizes: The pattern comes in two sizes: Toddler (2-4 years), which measures: w: 9” x h: 7″ and Child (4+ years), which measures w: 9.5” x h: 8” (when pressed flat and not including the stem)
- Gauge: 4” x 4” = 12 dc and 7 rows (as a flat swatch, not in the round)
- Yarn: Any worsted weight (4), 100% acrylic yarn (it’s best if it has some stretch to it). I used Loops & Threads Impeccable Yarn, Solid. The size is 4.5 oz / 127.5 g. A skein is 285 yds / 260 m. I used the colors “Pumpkin” for the hat (approx. 145 yds), “Forest” for the leaves (approx. 5 yds) and “Soft Taupe” for the stem (approx. 5 yds)
- Crochet Hook: H/8 (5.00 mm) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Other Materials: Yarn needle, scissors and a measuring tape.
- Terminology: The pattern is written in English for right-handed crochet using standard US crochet terminology.