About This Pattern
- It’s a great Christmas crochet project (or gift idea) for beginners as the pattern only uses simple stitches…if you know how to half double crochet, single crochet, chain and slip stitch you can make this Santa Dog Bandana!
- You can make it in under an hour and it uses only a small amount of yarn (less than a quarter of a skein in total).
- The collar is adjustable so you can customize the size to fit your dog. It ties up around the neck so there’s flexibility on sizing.
- It’s Charlie tested and approved!
- The free version of the pattern can be found here. All of the information in the free pattern is included in the PDF.
About This PDF Digital Download
- The PDF of this pattern is a 4 page, print-ready digital download.
- It is laid out into easy to follow sections and includes step by step instructions and pictures.
- You can save it to your files, print it in color or in black and white and view it from any device.
- After your purchase has been successfully completed, you will be redirected to a page where you can instantly download the pattern. You will also receive an email with a download link. And you can access the pattern at any time on your My Account page under Downloads.
- Skill Level: Easy – Beginner friendly
- Size: Finished Santa Dog Bandana, using the yarn listed below and a H/8 (5.00mm) hook, is 8″ high (from top of collar to bottom of lowest point of triangle) and the widest part (the top row) of the triangle is 8.5″ wide. Finished collar size is 34″ long and 1.5″ wide. Instructions for adjusting the size of the collar are included in the PDF.
- Yarn: Any worsted weight (4) yarn for everything but the collar and border. Bulky fleece (5) yarn for the collar and border.
- I used Loops & Threads Impeccable Yarn, Solid for everything but the collar and border. This yarn is medium (4) weight and 100% acrylic. The size is 4.5 oz / 127.5 g. A skein is 285 yd./260m and you only need less than a quarter skein in total.
- I used the color “Cherry” for the main red part of the bandana; the color “Black” for the belt; and the color “Sunny Day” for the belt buckle.
- For the collar and border, I used Bernat Pipsqueak. This yarn is bulky (5) weight. The size is 3.50 oz. / 100 g. A skein is 101 yd / 92 m. The exact color is called “Whitey White.”
- Crochet Hook Size: H/8 (5.00mm) for everything but the belt buckle. For the belt buckle: F/5 (3.75mm).
- Other Materials: Yarn Needle and Scissors
- Terminology: This Santa Dog Bandana Crochet Pattern is written in English for right-handed crochet using standard US crochet terminology.