About This Pattern
- This Santa Tissue Box Cover crochet pattern is designed to fit a standard rectangle tissue/Klennex box (exact sizing below).
- It’s a great Christmas crochet project (or gift idea) for beginners.
- The pattern only uses simple stitches…if you know how to single crochet, chain and slip stitch you can make this holly jolly crochet holiday decoration!
- The free version of the pattern can be found here. All of the information from the free version is included in the PDF.
About this PDF Digital Download
- The PDF of this pattern is a 4 page, print-ready digital download.
- It is laid out into easy to follow sections and includes step by step instructions and pictures.
- You can save it to your files, print it in color or in black and white and view it from any device.
- After your purchase has been successfully completed, you will be redirected to a page where you can instantly download the pattern. You will also receive an email with a download link. And you can access the pattern at any time on your My Account page under Downloads.
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Size: Finished Santa Tissue Box Cover (using the yarn listed below and a H/8 (5.00mm) hook) is: 9.25″ long, 3.5″ high and 5″ wide. It is designed to fit a rectangular Kleenex/tissue box with the following measurements: Height: 3.5″, Length: 9″, Width: 4.75″, Tissue opening length: 4.25″.
- Gauge: 4″ x 4″ = 13 sc and 15 rows
- Yarn: Any worsted weight (4) yarn for everything but the fluffy white “Santa fur” bottom and bulky fleece (5) yarn for the fluffy white “Santa fur” bottom.
- I used Loops & Threads Impeccable Yarn, Solid (for everything but the fluffy white bottom). This yarn is medium (4) weight and 100% acrylic. The size is 4.5 oz / 127.5 g. A skein is 285 yd./260m.
- I used the color “Cherry” for the main red part of the Santa Tissue Box Holder (approximately half a skein); the color “Black” for the belt (approximately 12 yards); and the color “Sunny Day” for the belt buckle (approximately a few yards).
- For the fluffy bottom, I used Bernat Pipsqueak (approximately 12 yards). This yarn is bulky (5) weight. The size is 3.50 oz. / 100 g. A skein is 101 yd / 92 m. The exact color is called “Whitey White.”
- Crochet Hook Size: H/8 (5.00mm) for everything but the belt buckle. For the belt buckle: F/5 (3.75mm).
- Other Materials: Yarn Needle, Scissors, Measuring Tape and a Rectangle Kleenex/Tissue Box (l: 9″ x h: 3.5″ x w: 4.75″).
- Terminology: This Santa Tissue Box Cover Crochet Pattern is written in English for right-handed crochet using standard US crochet terminology.