About This Pattern
- The pattern includes instructions on how to make strap bigger or smaller so you can customize the size to fit any age and any style (cross body, shoulder or leave the strap off completely and make it a clutch!)
- The purse is big enough to fit a phone (measured with an iPhone 11), keys, small wallet, lip gloss and more!
- The handbag body is made with half double crochet stitches and the flap stays closed with the button so your purse contents don’t fall out.
- For more details, you can view the free pattern here. All of the information in the free pattern is included in the PDF.
About This PDF Digital Download
- The PDF of this pattern is a 7 page, print-ready digital download.
- It is laid out into easy to follow sections and includes step by step instructions and pictures.
- You can save it to your files, print it in color or in black and white and view it from any device.
- After your purchase has been successfully completed, you will be redirected to a page where you can instantly download the pattern. You will also receive an email with a download link. And you can access the pattern at any time on your My Account page under Downloads.
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Size: Finished purse, using the yarn listed below and a H/8 (5.00 mm) hook, is 8.75″ wide and 5.5″ high. Sizes for the strap are included in the strap section of the pattern.
- Gauge: 4″ x 4″ of hdc stitches (made as a flat swatch – not in the round) = 14 hdc and 10 rows
- Yarn: 285 yds. / 260 m of any worsted weight (4) yarn. I used Loops & Threads Impeccable Yarn, Solid in Pale Gray. This yarn is medium (4) weight and 100% acrylic. The size is 4.5 oz / 127.5 g. A skein is 285 yd./260m and you only need one skein.
- Crochet Hook Size: H/8 (5.00mm) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Other Materials: yarn needle, 2 stitch markers, scissors, measuring tape, thread, sewing needle and one 7/8″ / 2.25 cm button.
- Terminology: the pattern is written for right handed crochet using standard US crochet terminology.