About This Pattern
- Learn how to crochet a bag with this easy follow crochet tote bag pattern with photo tutorial.
- It uses only basic stitches (single crochet, chain and slip stitches).
- This pattern uses two strands of yarn held together at the same time, which creates a thick, dense fabric making it the perfect material for your tote bag.
- You can use any size 4 (medium) worsted weight yarn.
- It works up really quickly!
- The free version of the pattern can be found here. All of the information from the free version is included in the PDF.
About this PDF Digital Download
- The PDF of this pattern is a 5 page, print-ready digital download.
- It is laid out into easy to follow sections and includes step by step instructions, pictures and a link to the video tutorial.
- You can save it to your files, print it in color or in black and white and view it from any device.
- After your purchase has been successfully completed, you will be redirected to a page where you can instantly download the pattern. You will also receive an email with a download link.
- Skill Level: Easy
- Size: The pattern creates a tote bag that is approx. 11” high, 16” long and 4” deep with straps that are 10” away from the bag.
- Yarn: Approx. 860 yds in total of any worsted weight, size 4 (medium) yarn (the less stretchy the better). This pattern is worked with two strands of yarn held together for the entire pattern so you can either separate your yarn manually or use multiple skeins. You will need 2 x 430 yds. I used Pound of Love in the color “Olive.” This yarn is size 4 (medium) and 100% premium acrylic. A skein is 1020 yds / 932 m and 16 oz / 448 g.
- Crochet Hook: K/10.5 (6.50 mm)
- Other Materials: yarn needle, scissors, measuring tape, a stitch marker and pins.
- Terminology: The pattern is written in English for right-handed crochet using standard US crochet terminology.