About This Pattern:
- This Turkey Tissue Dispenser is designed to fit a square tissue/Klennex box (exact sizing below).
- It creates a wonderful fall, autumn, or Thanksgiving decoration!
- It’s a very easy Thanksgiving crochet project (or gift idea) and works up really quickly.
- The free version of the pattern can be found here. The PDF includes everything from the free version but in an easy to read, follow and print document.
About the PDF:
- The PDF of this pattern is a 6 page, print-ready digital download.
- It is laid out into easy to follow sections and includes step by step instructions and pictures.
- You can save it to your files, print it in color or in black and white and view it from any device.
- After your purchase has been successfully completed, you will be redirected to a page where you can instantly download the pattern. You will also receive an email with a download link.
- Skill Level: Easy
- Size: The pattern is designed to fit a square tissue box that measures 4.5” x 4.5” wide and 5” high. The finished size of the pattern is 5.25” x 5.25” wide and 5” high.
- Yarn: Any worsted weight / medium (4) yarn. I used Impeccable by Loops and Threads, Solid. The size is 4.5 oz / 127.5 g. A skein is 285 yds / 260 m. Exact colors I used & amount of yarn required for each (approx.):
- Brown (“Soft Taupe”): 25 yds
- Green (“Fern”): 20 yds
- Red (“Cherry”): 55 yds
- Orange (“Pumpkin”): 40 yds
- Yellow (“Sunny Day”): 45 yds
- Black (“Black”): 5 yds
- Crochet Hook Size: H/8 (5.00 mm) or size needed to obtain gauge and D/3 (3.25mm) for the beak.
- Other Materials: yarn needle, scissors, measuring tape, a 4.5” x 4.5” wide x 5” high square tissue box and 2 “eyes” (I used googly eyes – attached with a glue gun but you could sew on white or black buttons or use any type of craft eyes). I did not use stuffing for the top of the head but you could.
- Terminology: This pattern is written in English for right-handed crochet using standard US crochet terminology.