About This Pattern:
- This Valentine’s Tissue Box Cover crochet pattern is designed to fit a standard rectangle tissue/Klennex box (exact sizing below).
- It creates a wonderful Valentine’s Day decoration on the days leading up to February 14.
- Then use an empty tissue box and it instantly becomes a mailbox for Valentine’s Day cards!
- It’s a great Valentine’s Day crochet project (or gift idea) for beginners as the pattern only uses simple stitches and the pattern includes everything you need to know to make it.
- The free version of the pattern can be found here. The PDF includes everything from the free version but in an easy to read, follow and print document.
About the PDF:
- The PDF of this pattern is a 5 page, print-ready digital download.
- It is laid out into easy to follow sections and includes step by step instructions and pictures.
- You can save it to your files, print it in color or in black and white and view it from any device.
- After your purchase has been successfully completed, you will be redirected to a page where you can instantly download the pattern. You will also receive an email with a download link. And you can access the pattern at any time on your My Account page under Downloads.
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Size: This Valentine’s Tissue Box Cover is designed to fit a rectangular Kleenex/tissue box with the following measurements: Height: 3.5″, Length: 9″, Width: 4.75″ and Tissue Opening Length: 4.25″. Finished Valentine’s Tissue Box Cover is: 9.25″ long, 3.5″ high and 5″ wide.
- Gauge: 4” x 4” = 13 sc and 15 rows
- Yarn: Any worsted weight (4) yarn. I used Loops & Threads Impeccable Yarn, Solid. This yarn is medium (4) weight and 100% acrylic. The size is 4.5 oz / 127.5 g. A skein is 285 yd./260m. I used the color “Cherry” for the tissue box cover (approx. half a skein), the color “White” for the envelope (approx 10 yards), the color “Arbor Rose” for one of the hearts and light-pink scrap yarn for the other (only a few yards are needed for each heart).
- Crochet Hook Size: H/8 (5.00mm) for the tissue box cover and large heart. F/5 (3.75mm) for the envelope and small heart.
- Other Materials: Yarn Needle, Scissors, Stitch Marker, Measuring Tape and a Rectangle Kleenex/Tissue Box (l: 9″ x h: 3.5″ x w: 4.75″). To use as mailbox, the tissue box should be empty.
- Terminology: This Valentine’s Tissue Box Cover Crochet Pattern is written in English for right-handed crochet using standard US crochet terminology.