What to Crochet When You Are Bored
If you are searching for what to crochet when you are bored, you have come to the right place! Here you will find over 50 interesting things to crochet and they are all free patterns.
While crochet can be such a great cure for boredom, there are times when you may get bored with your current project. Perhaps you’re working on an easy blanket pattern with a one-stitch repeat but around the gazillionth stitch, you lose interest. This is when you might need to take a break and start a new fun project.
For example, this fun, quick and easy Crocodile Freeze Pop Holder is an adorable and useful crochet project to make when you are bored and it makes a terrific gift idea for kids!
Things to Crochet
The solution is being bored? You need an interesting crochet pattern!
I’ve put together a collection of some of the best things to crochet when bored including fun things to crochet, easy things to crochet, cute things to crochet, cool things to crochet and unique things to crochet. These aren’t your average patterns but interesting crochet things and patterns that will grab and keep your attention…like these Flip Flop Chair Leg Covers!
From adorable amigurumi to beautiful wall hangings and some of the most creative (and perhaps a tad unusual) patterns around, you will find some of the best not-boring crochet patterns and things you can crochet when bored included below. Find inspiration for things to crochet when you are bored with this list of interesting free crochet patterns from amazing designers around the world.
Save for later
Click this button to save to Pinterest (and while you’re there, follow me!)
Cute Things to Crochet
Starting off this collection of things to crochet, I’ve rounded up some of the cutest patterns around. When you are bored, you may need a really cute crochet pattern to work on. Whether you want a quick project or feel like diving into something larger, these adorable patterns are sure to keep your attention and bring joy to your crocheting.
1) Crochet Cupcake – Crochet 365 Knit Too
2) Suzy Flower Face Scrubbie – Sweet Bee Crochet
3) Baby Monster Beanie – Raffamusa Designs
4) Tooth Fairy – Hooked on Patterns
5) Paw Print Pillow – Jo to the World Creations
6) Crochet Love Bug – Jen Hayes Creations
7) Em’s Free Crochet Messy Bun Hat – Frankie Kate
8) Koala Coasters – Hooked on Patterns
9) Baby Shark Sun Hat – Jo to the World Creations
10) Parker Penguin Pattern – The Loopy Lamb
11) Star Flap Purse – Jo to the World Creations
12) Paw Print Earrings – Simple Hooked by Janet
13) Emoji Keychain – Green Fox Farms Designs
14) Delicate Tweed Boot Cuff – HanJan Crochet
15) Hearts Puff Stitch Baby Blanket – Jo to the World Creations
16) Crochet Coffee Cozy – Jo to the World Creations
17) Flower Pillow Pattern – Maria’s Blue Crayon
18) Ode to Joy Bobble Hat – Jen Hayes Creations
19) Mason Jar Cover – HandmadebyRaine
20) Gnome Tissue Box Cover – Nana’s Crafty Home
Looking for more cute Christmas patterns? Check out these adorable Free Christmas Crochet Patterns.
Cool Things to Crochet
Next up in this collection are some cool things to crochet featuring interesting stitches and very neat crochet ideas.
21) Fun Towel Ring – Simply Hooked by Janet
22) Bobble Pot Plant Cozy – Sweet Bee Crochet
23) Purple People Eater Toy Monster – Hooked on Patterns
24) Water Bottle Holder – Jo to the World Creations
25) Mandala Wall Hanging – Desert Blossom Crafts
26) Iconic Patchwork Cardigan – Selina Veronique
27) Suzette Double Hanging Basket – Made by Gootie
28) Interlocking Tiles Blanket – Kickin’ Crochet
29) Tunisian Slippers from a Rectangle – Knitter Knotter
30) Ava Placemat and Coaster – Sunflower Cottage Crochet
31) Round Rug – Blue Star Crochet
32) Crochet Wall Hanging – Fosbas Designs
33) Earbud Holder – Crocheted Simplicity
34) Wine Coasters – Jo to the World Creations
35) Football Wine Cozy – Crochet 365 Knit Too
36) Crochet Snow Globe – Golden Lucy Crafts
37) Music Notes Pillow Cover – Jo to the World Creations
38) Bunny Crochet Slippers – Fosbas Designs
39) 6-Day Shrug – Betty BcKnit
Unique Things to Crochet
From toilet paper roll covers to tuxedo bandanas for dogs and so much more (have you seen Bruno the Turkey?!?), these are some of the best and most unique things to crochet in the world!
40) Toilet Paper Roll Cover – Meladora’s Creations
41) Tuxedo Dog Bandana – Jo to the World Creations
42) Listen to your Heart Applique – Golden Lucy Crafts
43) Halloween Eyeball Coasters – Hooked on Patterns
44) Crochet Monsters – Chai Coffee Crochet
45) Bruno the Turkey – Oombawka Design Crochet
46) Crab Mug Rug – The Loopy Lamb
47) Remote Holder – Jo to the World Creations
48) Dust it Off Dust Mitt – Through the Loop
49) Snowman Pillow Pattern – Jo to the World Creations
50) St. Patrick’s Day Wine Glass Lanyard – Jo to the World Creations
51) Crochet Kitty Couch – The Crochet Crowd
52) Hopscotch Keychain – Pine Tree Crochet
And last but definitely not least…
Make this Crochet Beer Hat!
I hope these cute, unique and cool crochet ideas have helped you find lots of stuff to crochet and you now know what you can crochet when you are bored!