About the Pattern:
- This crochet blanket is made with a baby in mind – there are no huge holes like many crochet baby blanket patterns have for baby’s fingers to get caught in and yet it is still lightweight and breathable.
- You can adjust the number of starting chains to make the blanket bigger or smaller.
- While many baby blanket patterns are more feminine, this is a perfect crochet blanket for a baby boy or a gender-neutral/unisex baby gift (but would also be great for a baby girl).
- You can use any size 3 yarn (also referred to as DK or Light Worsted).
- The blanket is completely reversible and looks beautiful on either side.
- The free version of the pattern can be found here. All of the information from the free version is included in the PDF.
About the PDF Digital Download:
- The PDF of this pattern is a 6 page, print-ready digital download.
- It is laid out into easy to follow sections and includes step by step instructions and pictures.
- You can save it to your files, print it in color or in black and white and view it from any device.
- After your purchase has been successfully completed, you will be redirected to a page where you can instantly download the pattern. You will also receive an email with a download link.
- Skill Level: Easy to Intermediate – the blanket body is very easy. The border may be a tad challenging for absolute beginners but there is a step by step video tutorial along with the written pattern and photo tutorial.
- Size: The pattern creates a blanket that is approx. 30” (76 cm) high x 40” (102 cm) wide. Instructions on how to adjust the size are included in the pattern.
- Gauge: 4″ x 4″ = 15 stitches and 12 rows (following blanket body pattern)
- Yarn: I used Bernat Baby Sport in Baby Blue – the economical big ball size. This yarn is size 3 (light) and 100% acrylic. A skein is 1256 yds / 1148 m and 12.3 oz / 350 g. I used one and a quarter skeins. You can substitute with your favorite size 3 (light) yarn. You will need approx. 1500 yds / 1372 m. Note: if you substitute yarn, the size of your blanket and the amount of yarn required may be slightly different.
- Crochet Hook Size: H/8 (5.00 mm) – you may want to go up a hook size for the chain and/or a different size hook to obtain gauge (which is not mandatory).
- Other Materials: scissors, yarn needle and measuring tape (optional).
- Terminology: Written in English for right-handed crochet using standard US crochet terminology.
Save and buy the Baby Blanket Bundle!