About the Pattern:
- This crochet blanket is made with a baby in mind – there are no huge holes like many crochet baby blanket patterns have for baby’s fingers to get caught in and yet it is still lightweight and breathable.
- You can adjust the number of starting chains to make the blanket bigger or smaller.
- While many baby blanket patterns are more feminine, this is a perfect crochet blanket for a baby boy or a gender-neutral/unisex baby gift (but would also be great for a baby girl).
- You can use any size 3 yarn (also referred to as DK or Light Worsted).
- The blanket is completely reversible and looks beautiful on either side.
- The free version of the pattern can be found here. All of the information from the free version is included in the PDF.
About the PDF Digital Download:
- The PDF of this pattern is a 6 page, print-ready digital download.
- It is laid out into easy to follow sections and includes step by step instructions and pictures.
- You can save it to your files, print it in color or in black and white and view it from any device.
- After your purchase has been successfully completed, you will be redirected to a page where you can instantly download the pattern. You will also receive an email with a download link. And you can access the pattern at any time on your My Account page under Downloads.
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Final Size: The final blanket following this pattern and using the yarn listed below creates a blanket that is 30” (76 cm) high x 40” (102 cm) wide. Instructions on how to adjust the size are included in the pattern.
- Gauge: 4″ x 4″ = 15 stitches and 12 rows (following blanket body pattern)
- Yarn: One and a quarter skein of the economical big ball size of Bernat Baby Sport in Baby Blue (100% Acrylic, 12.3 oz / 350g, 1500 meters/1640 yards). This is a light (3) yarn. You can substitute with your favorite light (3) yarn.
- Crochet Hook Size: H/8 (5.00 mm) – you may want to go up a hook size for the chain and/or a different size hook to obtain gauge (which is not mandatory).
- Other Materials: scissors, yarn needle
- Terminology: Written in English for right-handed crochet using standard US crochet terminology.