About This Pattern
- It’s a great Christmas crochet gift idea for beginners as the pattern only uses simple stitches…if you know how to single crochet, chain and slip stitch you can make this Santa Mug Cozy!
- You can make it in under an hour and it uses only a small amount of yarn (way less than a quarter of a skein in total).
- Designed to fit a standard mug (with a circumference of approx. 10″ – 10.5″). The pattern includes instructions on how to make it bigger or smaller.
- The free version of the pattern can be found here. All of the information from the free version is included in the PDF.
About this PDF Digital Download
- The PDF of this pattern is a 4 page, print-ready digital download.
- It is laid out into easy to follow sections and includes step by step instructions and pictures.
- You can save it to your files, print it in color or in black and white and view it from any device.
- After your purchase has been successfully completed, you will be redirected to a page where you can instantly download the pattern. You will also receive an email with a download link. And you can access the pattern at any time on your My Account page under Downloads.
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Size: Finished Santa Mug Cozy (using the yarn listed below and a G/6 (4.00mm) hook) is: 10.25″ long and 3.5″ high. It is designed to fit the following size mugs:
- Circumference (all around the center of the mug): 10 1/8″ – 10.5″
- Height (from top to bottom): 3.75″ – 4.5″
- Width (measuring from end to end across the bottom): 3.25″ – 3.5″
Instructions for adjusting the sizing to fit a smaller or larger mug are included in the PDF.
- Gauge: 4″ x 4″ = 13 sc and 15 rows
- Yarn: Any worsted weight (4) yarn for everything but the fluffy white “Santa fur” top and bulky fleece (5) yarn for the fluffy white “Santa fur” top.
- I used Loops & Threads Impeccable Yarn, Solid. This yarn is medium (4) weight and 100% acrylic. The size is 4.5 oz / 127.5 g. A skein is 285 yd./260m and you only need way less than a quarter skein in total.
- I used the color “Cherry” for the main red part of the Santa Mug Cozy; the color “Black” for the belt; and the color “Sunny Day” for the belt buckle.
- For the fluffy top, I used Bernat Pipsqueak. This yarn is bulky (5) weight. The size is 3.50 oz. / 100 g. A skein is 101 yd / 92 m. You only need a few yards. The exact color is called “Whitey White.”
- Crochet Hook Size: G/6 (4.00mm) for everything but the belt buckle. For the belt buckle: F/5 (3.75mm).
- Other Materials: Yarn Needle, Scissors, 1.5 cm Black Button, Black Thread, Sewing Needle, Measuring Tape and a Mug
- Terminology: This Santa Mug Cozy Crochet Pattern is written in English for right-handed crochet using standard US crochet terminology.