About the Pattern
- The pattern creates a removable pillow cover that goes over a 18″ x 18″ pillow insert.
- It includes step by step instructions on how to make this pillow cover including instructions on how to crochet with two colors, how to assemble the pillow cover and a full page chart/graph.
- Is a great introduction to colorwork for beginners and is also great for more advanced crocheters who love colorwork (but experience with colorwork is not required).
- When you purchase this pattern, you’ll receive a full step by step guide (also as a PDF) on How to Crochet with Two Colors for free!
- For more information, you can view the free pattern here. All of the information from the free pattern is included in the PDF.
About the PDF Digital Download
- The PDF of this pattern is a 9 page, print-ready digital download.
- It is laid out into easy to follow sections and includes step by step instructions, a full chart/graph and pictures.
- You can save it to your files, print it in color or in black and white and view it from any device.
- After your purchase has been successfully completed, you will be redirected to a page where you can instantly download the pattern. You will also receive an email with a download link. And you can access the pattern at any time on your My Account page under Downloads.
- Skill Level: Beginner (colorwork and simple stitches)
- Size: Following this pattern creates a 18″ x 18″ (46 cm x 46 cm) pillow cover. The actual cover will be slightly smaller but stretches to fit over the pillow insert.
- Gauge: 4″ x 4″ = 11 sc and 13 rows.
- Yarn: Bulky (5) Weight. Recommended Yarn: Red Heart Soft Essentials. This yarn is Bulky (5) Weight, 100% acrylic, 5 oz. / 140 g. Colors used (as seen in the photos):
- Main Color (the background and back) = White (4 Skeins: 524 yd./480 m)
- Contrast Color (the music notes) = Black (1 Skein: 131 yd./120 m) Note: you will be separating your skein of the contrast color into 7 bobbins (strands) of 8 m long yarn (more information on this is included in the pattern)
- Crochet Hook Size: K/10.5 (6.5 mm) (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- Pillow: One 18” x 18” pillow insert
- Other Materials: scissors, pins, yarn needle, measuring tape (optional: large buttons for back of pillow)
- Terminology: the pattern is written for right handed crochet using standard US crochet terminology.