About This Pattern
- It’s a great Saint Patrick’s Day crochet gift idea for beginners as the pattern only uses simple stitches…if you know how to single crochet, double crochet, chain and slip stitch you can make this St Paddy’s Day Mug Cozy!
- You can make it in under an hour (approx) and it uses only a small amount of yarn (way less than a quarter of a skein in total).
- Designed to fit a standard mug (with a circumference of approx. 10″ – 10.5″). The pattern includes instructions on how to make it bigger or smaller.
- For more information, you can read the free pattern here. All of the information from the free pattern is included in the PDF.
About This PDF
- The PDF of this pattern is a 4 page, print-ready digital download.
- It is laid out into easy to follow sections and includes step by step instructions and pictures.
- You can save it to your files, print it in color or in black and white and view it from any device.
- After your purchase has been successfully completed, you will be redirected to a page where you can instantly download the pattern. You will also receive an email with a download link. And you can access the pattern at any time on your My Account page under Downloads.
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Size: Finished St. Patrick’s Day Mug Cozy (using the yarn listed below and a G/6 (4.00mm) hook) is: 10.25″ long and 3.5″ high.
- Gauge: 4″ x 4″ (10 cm x 10 cm) = 13 sc and 16 rows
- Yarn: Any worsted weight (4) yarn.
- I used Loops & Threads Impeccable Yarn, Solid. This yarn is medium (4) weight and 100% acrylic. The size is 4.5 oz / 127.5 g. A skein is 285 yd./260m and you only need less than a quarter skein in total.
- I used the color “Kelly Green” for the main part of the mug cozy; the color “Black” for the belt; and the color “Sunny Day” for the belt buckle.
- Crochet Hook Size: G/6 (4.00mm) for everything but the belt buckle. For the belt buckle: F/5 (3.75mm).
- Other Materials: Yarn Needle, Scissors, 1.5 cm Black Button, Black Thread, Sewing Needle, Measuring Tape and a Mug
- Optional: You may find that you would like to add an extra strap and button at the bottom of your completed mug cozy. If you do this, you will need a second 1.5 cm black button.
- Terminology: This St. Patrick’s Day Mug Cozy Crochet Pattern is written in English for right-handed crochet using standard US crochet terminology.