US to UK Crochet Terms Conversion Chart or UK to US

US to UK Crochet Terms Conversion Chart (or UK to US)

Share on pinterest
Share on facebook
Share on email

How to convert US to UK crochet terms (or convert UK to US crochet terms) with this useful conversion crochet terms chart. Simply refer to the chart, find the US or UK equivalent and easily translate the crochet pattern into US or UK terminology.

Before we begin, I would like to thank you for visiting Jo to the World Creations, a site dedicated to helping you give the gift of crochet.

More helpful crochet tips and tools as well as free patterns (that make awesome crochet gifts) are on the way! Sign up for my emails, follow me and never wonder “what should I make for…” again!

Free Patterns for Crochet Gifts

delivered to your inbox!

And Get a Free PDF of the Home Pillow
& a free crochet Cheat sheet 

No spam ever, just “Jo”-ful emails. Unsubscribe at any time. 

delivered socially!


US to UK Crochet Terms Conversion Chart

You’ve got your yarn, your hook and you’re ready to start your pattern when you read the fine print and see “written in UK terminology” (or US terminology if you’re used to UK crochet terms).

You don’t need to worry, translating the pattern into the terminology is super simple. Just follow this chart!

US Terms = UK Terms

slip stitch (sl st) = slip stitch (ss)

single crochet (sc) = double crochet (dc)

half double crochet (hdc) = half treble (htr)

double crochet (dc) = treble (tr)

treble (tr) = double treble (dtr)

double treble (dtr) = triple treble (trtr)

yarn over (yo) = yarn over hook (yoh)

US to UK Crochet Terms Conversion Chart or UK to US

Save for later

Click this button to save to Pinterest (and while you’re there, follow me!)

For more information on US to UK Crochet Terms, The Spruce Crafts provides a really excellent overview.

Before you go, have you seen these free patterns? They make terrific gifts! Or if you’re interested in more crochet tools like this, check out the Tips & Tools page.

Since we’re talking UK, I’ll end by saying Cheerio! which you can easily convert into…what’s the US equivalent? Cheers?!